Thursday 15 October 2020

Athletics training on Tuesday term 1

After lunch on tuesday it was time for athletics. Everyone was told to meat on the corts but when I got there there was only Abhay and Anroux but we all happily played Old Man Dies.

We were walking to the high jump because that was our first rotation. We went through all the things we had to do to be successful and then we choose sides to run up to the mat with the bar on it. Before long it was my turn. I had to run up and jump over the bar. I started running then hesitated, then I started running again. Sadly I didn't make it over the bar but I did land on the mat. 
Next I went to the other side and waited in line. After a while it was my turn to run so I did but ages before they had raised the bar and it was still raised so instead of going over the bar I landed on it. Matua Beau said I did a good job. He said that I had the angel and the speed but I didn't have the nerve.
I kept doing high jump but I was always one step behind the bar.

Finally we moved onto ball through. In my group we had Osker, me and one other person. We were told that we had to through the ball when she said go the first time and we collect the ball when she said go the second time. 
I wasn't very good at ball through but at one point one of the balls heart Oaker so someone got him a ice pack.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comments.
Positive - something done well
Thoughtful - a sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what they had to say
Helpful - give some ideas for next time or ask a question you want to know more about