Thursday 16 September 2021

Ski Trip

Things I learned on ski trip.

On my first 3 days of skiing my family rented out a apartment on the ski mountain, so I thought it would be super cool if we were the first people on the Chandila, so I got ready really fast but every one was going slower slower and it was annoying but I wanted, and the lessen I learned that day was more patients.

The next day we was bad visibility so we had to be much more careful about skiing so when we skied we had to ski small turned to make sure we didn't go fast. That day I almost mastered small turn skiing.

On the last day at the apartment I had a lesson, in the morning we didn't have the best instructor and he said we could only do easy trails. In the afternoon though we had a good instructor and he said we could easily do black diamonds with good technique. That day I learned how to do carving turns because that's what he taught us.

During the next few days I just practiced the stuff I learned and practiced the stuff I practiced, but on the last day of the trip after face planting on a big jump and crashing full on into a metal pole, I learned the most important lesion. Even if everyone else slows you down, still ski with them because it is a lot safer to ski with someone than it is to ski without someone.


That is what I learned on my ski strip.

2 comments:

  1. Hello Nathan, I liked how you had lots of paragraphs. This reminds me of when I went to Mount Ruapehu. Where did you go skiing? It sounded like it was quite fun. From Rori.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Nathan, I liked how you use the right spelling. I never been skiing before so I can't say this reminds me so where did you go and is it easy to learn how to ski. From Cash

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comments.
Positive - something done well
Thoughtful - a sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what they had to say
Helpful - give some ideas for next time or ask a question you want to know more about