Wednesday 18 August 2021

Planting at the Wetlands

 Yesterday, me and my class, MLH, went to the wetland on a boy from our schools farm whose name was Cory. When we got to the wetlands everyone put there bags on the back of a tall shearing shed. Then my teacher did a safety briefing where she told us where to meet in case of an emergency. Then she told Cory's dad to tell us all what we were doing.

Once Cory's dad finished, we walked through the oozing mud to the wetlands, then we broke into two groups, group 1 and group 2. I was in group two and my group was planting first while the other group wat fertilising the trees with sheep dags. So we hopped over the fence and started planting. 

At first I didn't know how to plant but in time it became easy. First you massage the plant, then you grab the base of the tree and pull it out Then you put it in the hole you dug. If the plant doesn't come out of the plant holder easily keep massaging it.

Once I planted my first tree I went looking for other trees to plant. Then I saw that someone was planting one of the best trees. It was one that would grow super tall. I tried to help plant that one by digging the whole but my shovel wasn't good enough so an adult did it instead.

Then I keep looking around for another one of the trees and I found another. I wanted to plant that one but the adult did it instead. So I found one more and a different adult named Ann dug the hole. Me and Maggey went looking for other trees. There were no more so me and Maggey headed back to plant it. I had been massaging it for a long time so it was very easy to plant. After finally planting the tree I really wanted to plant I was very happy. Then all of us tried to thing of a name for the tree. Ann found one, MAN, M, for Maggey, A, for Ann and N, for me, Nathan.

After that we had a quick morning tea, then the groups swapped jobs. I started filling up buckets of dags while a girl in my group named Klara delivered them. After about another hour of fun, but hard work, we had lunch...

Once we were finished with lunch we walked to the sheep shed where the lambs were kept. Then we got to feed them and pick them up, some select few lucky people were allowed to help give the lambs milk.  

After that we went up into a beautiful native bush to finish off the day.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Nathan, I like how you used lots of paragraphs in your blog.This relates to me because I got to hold one of the lambs.Did you get to hold one of the lambs? I think you could of re read a bit more but other than that it was an amazing post. From Rori.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi nathan,I see that you have added lots of paragrphs.it olso reminds me of wene i wacht the news that night.you shod rered you paragrghs.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comments.
Positive - something done well
Thoughtful - a sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what they had to say
Helpful - give some ideas for next time or ask a question you want to know more about