Monday 6 September 2021

Quickwrite 6.9.21

 Brrrringggg! I answered the phone and…


Gasped in surprise,” mum!” “You got the tickets to go to the African Safari!” “Can we all come?’ I asked hurriedly. We can, I thought after she said it, yes we were off to the safari.


At the safari stacion we wanted until It was our turn to go on the day safari tour. We got on it. The shaky jeep bumped along splashing water in my face every time because I was trying to drink water. Even though I was wet I was happy because it cooled me off in the sweltering heat of the tour. 


After about half an hour we stopped to look around. Now that we had stopped it was a lot hotter because there was no wind. As we looked around we didn’t see any animals. Just a big open place with no trees. 


After that pit stop we got back on the jeep, but last time I had been in the shade. Now I was in the sun, and it alone was so hot I was glad I put it on far once but the worst thing was the seet. It had been sitting in the sun all that time and now it was hotter than blistering heat.


Another hour passed and I was starting to get bored when I saw a herd of lions. They were more muscular than they looked in books but they also looked thin to the bone, but what I was really focused on was their mane. Their famous mane was a nearly perfect circle and was just so fluffy looking. I snapped a couple photos and then the jeep kept on moving. I hadn’t actshiely noticed that it was on until it had started again.


Then about fifteen minutes later we saw a lion, the animal I most wanted to see. I imprinted it in my mind. Every small detail then The jeep learched to a stop so I snapped a few pictures and we restarted. After that the tour had to turn around because it didn’t have enough gas to finish the tour and everyone demanded all there money back so thats what we got. We saw all the animals we wanted for free.


The end

P.SThis is not a true story


4 comments:

  1. kia ora Nathan, I loved all of the adjectives that you used and how you used them. My favorite was, (the sweltering heat.) I feel like your writing transported me to Africa! Kai pai! The thing I think you could improve on was just making sure that every makes sense, and that you are using commerce. Apart from that, it was very good. Kia kaha in these times. Te Atawhai

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Nathan. I loved at the start how you said BRINNNNG instead of just saying the phone rang. You had amazing describing words. I think that you should have re read it one more time because not all of your sentences make sense. You have a very high quality blog post Nathan. Kai pai. Charlotte M

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Nathan.I like that you had adjectives that you used And it remind's
    Me of my writing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kia ora Nathan, I like how you used the adverb hurriedly and the description you created with your choice of adjectives. Be sure to re-read before posting and check spelling. This story reminds me of when my friend described seeing wild life while on a horseback safari in Africa.
    Nga mihi, Koka Rozie

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comments.
Positive - something done well
Thoughtful - a sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what they had to say
Helpful - give some ideas for next time or ask a question you want to know more about