Wednesday 11 August 2021

Quickwrite

 "Can anyone here me," I yell. There was no response."Yes!" Finally, I found a beach with no one in miles. Double yes, We get a new adventure.

Me, my sister, mum and dad have gone to the beach today and there is no one here.

After helping lay down the picnic/beach blanket on the burning hot sand, me and my sister, Miriam, dive into the refreshing cool ocean. The water is deeper than I expected and I go under. I pop back up again a bit closer to shore. I swim through the small waves and then just treed water as I go up and over, up and over the waves. Then me and Miriam hear a call," swim back to shore" it said, so we look over and see that see that we had drifted so far we were in the coral reef. So carefully, trying not to get cut by the sharp coral, we make our way back to the beach.

Now on the sand of the hot burning beach, mum runs her cold sunscreened hand over my back and neck. I realise there's no shade out here on the hot beach so I go out to the car and and get the sun umbrella.

After returning to the blanket with the umbrella, I quickly jump onto it to cease the hot pain. Then I say " hay did you know there's a coral reef here,""as a matter of a fact I did not" says dad, " well what are we waiting for, lets grab the snorkeling gear and start a new adventure," cheers Miriam.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Nathan.
    I like that you've included all the right punctuation and your speech marks are in the right place.This blog reminds me of when my Mum went for a walk at Makorori and I got lost like you.I liked the end because you made me want read about the next adventure.Are you going to write another blog about that snorkeling adventure?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Nathan.
    This reminds me of a time when I went snorkeling at the beach and there was lots of cool shells. I like how you used all the right spelling and punctuation. I really like how you used so much detail like cold sunscreened hands and sease the hot pain. Do you get to go on the snorkeling adventure?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comments.
Positive - something done well
Thoughtful - a sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what they had to say
Helpful - give some ideas for next time or ask a question you want to know more about